Fibromyalgia is the hardest thing people can’t comprehend. We asked our online Facebook community, “Living with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Illness,” how do you describe your feeling about fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a huge motivation to live every day. When you wake up and you can walk about, make the most of it. If you can’t move and wake up, don’t do that. Get some rest, read a book, watch a video. It might not be what you want, but that’s what you’ve got to do for that day. Tomorrow is a new day, and it may be different from yesterday. Be thankful that you have a lot of people tomorrow because they don’t.
No words to explain how miserable it is to be a living hell, it makes me feel like I don’t have a life anymore. But we’ve compiled a few of the pain descriptions from our members below.
This is what community shares with us:
1. Kerryn E – It’s like being hungover and drunk but still sick like flu after a full-body punishing workout and 10 rounds with Tyson’s mike but lost and living on another world because I’m an outsider compared to someone who can’t grasp my life like that.
2. Beth W-it makes me feel like a man of tin. That’s perfect, the tin man who needs to be oiled in every single joint. And someone holding a torch to all of my aching muscles. Holding my mouth in the back of a lock. Yeah, right, that’s about summing it up, what a wretched life
3. Kimmie G-Like a triple trailer that ran over me; like I need to replace my hips; cut me off at the waist because the lower half just isn’t used friendly; your worst hangover X quadrillion with the worst flu 2 hits the human race & memory span the size of a knat … otherwise, I feel great!
4. Chris G-My feeling is that I was killed, but I still breathe through the pain.
5. Marjie C-It makes me feel like a prisoner in my own body. Never know what torture is coming next
6. Jessica C – I feel like I’ve been hit by a bat, my muscles feel like they’re being torn and torn, I feel like I’ve got a 2×4 that sits on my shoulders all day while I’m having the flu and sweating to death …
7. Vickie M-I feel like I’ve got a little elf inside my body running around with an ice pick and poking my joints and muscles randomly 24/7.
8. Clara F-I feel like I’m in the 12th century, and my body has been ripped apart.
9. Becky M — I feel like my bones are breaking from the inside out.
10. Tracey W – I have a ghost who likes to pinch parts of my body, like someone digging their nails through your skin and squeezing your muscles in a strong vice grip.
11.- Angela Z – Like a tin man with no oil … And my straightener was burned from head to toe.
12. Paula G – Like I was rolled down a hill in a barrel of rocks, spent the night in a running cement mixer, ran a marathon, then dragged across a few miles of cactus behind a pissed mustang.
13. Delana M – At times, it feels like you’ve been thrown out of the forest, then stabbed with hot ice, and then it feels like you’re on fire.
14. Tina F – It feels like the tour body is pulled together like an orange all the time. Or as if the wire around your body is twisted too tight.
15. Sandra L-A thief who took my life from me. It’s not two days the same. You don’t know what it’s going to come at you. Every day is a new pain, a new flare. To be bedridden. You fight your body just to get through the day. No one should have to live like this Pain is an exaggeration of pain that most people can’t handle, and we have no choice but to accept it. The medical field really did let us down.
16. Tracy W – Like someone who discovered the cords to all my muscles and tendons, he pulled them all up his leg. I feel like it’s going to be a lot and peay it won’t be a wedgy.
17. Rachel G – I feel like I’ve been in the middle of a collision with a Mac truck. .broken every bone in my body, and there’s a severe flu on top of that.
18. Sharon N – It feels like you’re lying on a rock bed, getting up and walking is a challenge, feeling like you’re walking on needles and pins. You ‘re so tired of taking a shower, and the water hurts your skin.
19. Janice R – I feel like I’m bound to two horses, and they’re going in opposite directions. My arms to one horse, my legs to the other. My holes are feeling out of the joint. It’s going to be bad at times of flare ups. Not as bad at other times, but still in pain.
20. June J – I sound like someone’s playing around in my head and choosing if and when I’m going to be dumb, stupid and dizzy.
21. Renee H – It feels like the migraine of the whole body.
22. Aileen S – You sound like you’ve got the flu all the time, body aches and pains.
23.Julian S – Has anyone ever gone out drinking and dancing just to be knocked out and a three-sided fight, involving 20 men, to take place on top of you. You think you ‘re all right because nothing is broken, and because you’re drunk like f, so you go home and in the morning you’ve got the combination of a severe hangover, maybe even alcohol poisoning, and you’re bruised everywhere? It’s a bit like that, except it’s a lot less enjoyable and lasts longer.
24. Carol D-It feels like you hit the funny bone.
Fibromyalgia Contact Us Directly
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs