By: Dr Alex Robber
Fibromyalgia is a perfect day to day reason to live. When you are waking up and able to drive, make the most of it. If you wake up and are unable to move, then don’t. Get some rest, read a book and watch a video. Maybe it’s not what you want, but that’s what you have to do for the day. It’s a new day tomorrow, which may well be different from yesterday. Thank you for seeing you tomorrow, so other others are not. I know when you’re in constant pain, it’s hard to feel that way, but there’s always something positive to do every day.
No words to describe how terrible it is, it’s a living hell, it makes you feel like I don’t have any more life. But we’ve gathered only a few of the definition of pain that our members tell us below.
This is what community shares with us:
1. Kerryn E – It’s like being hungover and drunk but also sick like flu after doing a full body intense work out and 10 rounds with mike Tyson but lost and living on another planet because I’m an alien compared to others they can’t comprehend my life like
2. Beth W- it make me feel like a tin man. That’s perfect, the tin man that needs to be oiled in EVERY single joint. And someone holding a torch to ALL my aching muscles. With my head in a vice. Yep, that about sums it up, what a miserable existence
3. Kimmie G- Like a triple trailer ran over me; like I need my hips replaced; cut me off at the waist because lower half just isn’t used friendly; your worst hangover X’s quadrillion with the worst flu 2 hit mankind & a memory span the size of a knat……otherwise, I feel great!
4. Chris G- My feeling is that I have been killed, but still breathe through the pain…
5. Marjie C– It makes me feel like a prisoner in my own body! Never knowing what torture is coming next
6. Jessica C– I feel like I have been hit with a bat, my muscles feel like they are being torn and tugged, I feel like I have a 2×4 that sits on my shoulders all day while having the flu and sweating to death…
7. Vickie M- I feel like I have a little elf inside my body running around with an ice pick and randomly stabbing my joints and muscles 24/7.
8. Clara F- I feel as if I’m in the 12th Century and my body is been pull apart.
9. Becky M– I feel like my bones are breaking from the inside out.
10. Tracey W – I have a ghost that loves to squeeze my body parts, like someone digging their fingers into your skin and grabbing your muscles in a tight vice grip
11. Angela Z – Like I’m the tin man with no oil can….. and was burned from my straightener from head to toe.
12. Paula G – Like I’ve been rolled down a hill in a barrel of rocks, spent the night in a running cement mixer, ran a marathon, then got dragged across a few miles of cactus behind a pissed off mustang
13. Delana M – At time it feels like you’ve been thrown off the mountain then stabbed with hot and ice then it feels like you’re on fire
14. Tina F – It feel likes tour body is squeezed together like an orange All the time. Or as if there is twisted wire too tight around your body
15. Sandra L – A thief that has stolen my life. No two days are the same. You never know what it’s gonna throw at you. Every day is something new a new pain a new flare. Being bedridden. You’re fighting your body just to get through the day. Nobody should have to live no exist like this Pain is excruciating pain most people can’t handle n we have no choice but to accept it. The medical field has really let us down.
16. Tracy W – Like someone found the draw-cords to all my muscles and tendons, then pulled them all up thigh. I feel like that a lot and peay it not gonna be a wedgy
17. Rachel G – I feel like I have been in a head on collision with a mac truck.. broken every bone in my body. And have severe flu on top of that.
18. Sharon N – It feels like you are laying on a bed of rocks, getting up and walking is a challenge, feeling like you are walking on needles and pins. Taking a shower is so tiring, and the water hurts your skin.
19. Janice R – I feel like I’m tied to two horses and they are going in different directions. My arms to one horse my legs to the other one. My sockets feel out of joint. It gets terrible at times of flare ups. Other times not as bad, but still in pain.
20. June J – I feel like someone is dancing around in my brain and choosing what and when I become deaf, dumb and dizzy.
21. Renee H – It feels like a whole-body migraine.
22. Aileen S – You feel like you have the flu all the time, body aches and pains.
23. Julian S – Has anyone ever gone out drinking a dancing only to be knocked out and a three sided fight, involving 20 men, to take place on top of you. You think you are okay as nothing is broken and because you are drunk as if so, you go home and in the morning you have the combination of a severe hangover, maybe even alcohol poisoning and are bruised everywhere? It’s a bit like that but much less fun and last longer.
24. Carol D- Feels like when u hit your funny bone.
Let us know in the comments below that how would you describe your fibromyalgia Pain? Also Feel free to share if you find any description close to your heart.
Fibromyalgia Contact Us Directly
Fibro Women Blogs
Chronic Woman Blogs
Chronic Illness Blogs
Official Fibromyalgia Blogs